Join UF/IFAS Extension Santa Rosa County Extension and the Florida Peanut Producers Association to help take a bite out of hunger by participating in our local peanut butter drive! This is the 5th year of providing our local food pantries with one of their most sought after staple foods. The Florida Peanut Producers Association will match the total amount of peanut butter donated up to one pallet of peanut butter.
The average child will eat 1,500 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches before he or she graduates high school. Let’s provide healthy peanut butter, produced from locally grown peanuts to those in need in Santa Rosa County. Make your donation go even further; look for BOGO deals at your local market!
All peanut butter collected will be donated to local food pantries that help local families in need. 400 families in need will also be recipients during Farm to City Day on the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. To participate, bring unopened jars of peanut butter to any of the following drop off sites in the county through November 23, 2016:
- Santa Rosa County Extension Office, 6263 Dogwood Dr., Milton, FL 32570
- Jay Extension Office, 5259 Booker Lane, Jay, FL 32565
- South Santa Rosa Service Center – Master Gardener Plant Clinic, 5819 Gulf Breeze Parkway, Gulf Breeze, FL 32561
- City of Milton Office, 6738 Dixon St., Milton FL 32572
- Santa Rosa County Office, 6495 Caroline St., Milton FL 32570
- All Santa Rosa County Libraries: Milton, Jay, Pace, Navarre and Gulf Breeze
- Lowe’s: Pace & Gulf Breeze locations
- United Bank: Pace & Milton branches
More locations can still be added as collection sites!
For more information or to participate as a collection site please contact:
or at 850-623-3868.