Halloween is an exciting time for kids. Follow these tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) to make sure it’s a safe time as well:
* Plan costumes that are bright and reflective.
* Make sure costumes are short enough to prevent tripping,
tangling, or contact with flames.
* Add reflective tape or striping to costumes or trick or treat bags
for greater visibility.
* Be careful that masks do not limit or block eyesight.
* Stay on well-lit streets and always use the sidewalk. Never cut
across yards or use alleys.
* If no sidewalk is available, walk at the far edge of the roadway
* Stay in a group with a cell phone handy for emergencies.
Contact UF/IFAS Extension Santa Rosa County for free reflective slap bracelets and/or blinking lights. Call 850-623-3868.