Here’s hoping the weather holds out for festivities and fireworks at the Milton Riverwalk! If you’re planning your own fireworks display, consider following these important safety tips from http://safekids.org/.
* Be sure you’re not wearing loose clothing if you’re lighting fireworks.
* Never light fireworks near dry grass.
* Always have a bucket of water and/or fire extinguisher nearby. Know how to operate the extinguisher.
* Stand several feet away from lit fireworks. If you think you have a dud, put it out and dispose of it when you’re done.
* If someone gets an eye injury, don’t touch or rub it. This may cause more damage. Seek medical attention.
Most of all, have a fun – and safe – Fourth of July!